Deprecated: Function ereg() is deprecated in /home/content/58/3993858/html/stormseekers/mainfile.php on line 82

Deprecated: Function eregi() is deprecated in /home/content/58/3993858/html/stormseekers/mainfile.php on line 180

Deprecated: Function eregi() is deprecated in /home/content/58/3993858/html/stormseekers/mainfile.php on line 181

Deprecated: Function eregi() is deprecated in /home/content/58/3993858/html/stormseekers/mainfile.php on line 182

Deprecated: Function eregi() is deprecated in /home/content/58/3993858/html/stormseekers/mainfile.php on line 183

Deprecated: Function eregi() is deprecated in /home/content/58/3993858/html/stormseekers/mainfile.php on line 184

Deprecated: Function eregi() is deprecated in /home/content/58/3993858/html/stormseekers/mainfile.php on line 185

Deprecated: Function eregi() is deprecated in /home/content/58/3993858/html/stormseekers/mainfile.php on line 186

Deprecated: Function eregi() is deprecated in /home/content/58/3993858/html/stormseekers/mainfile.php on line 187

Deprecated: Function eregi() is deprecated in /home/content/58/3993858/html/stormseekers/mainfile.php on line 188

Deprecated: Function eregi() is deprecated in /home/content/58/3993858/html/stormseekers/mainfile.php on line 189

Deprecated: Function eregi() is deprecated in /home/content/58/3993858/html/stormseekers/mainfile.php on line 190

Deprecated: Function eregi() is deprecated in /home/content/58/3993858/html/stormseekers/mainfile.php on line 191

Deprecated: Function eregi() is deprecated in /home/content/58/3993858/html/stormseekers/mainfile.php on line 192

Deprecated: Function eregi() is deprecated in /home/content/58/3993858/html/stormseekers/mainfile.php on line 180

Deprecated: Function eregi() is deprecated in /home/content/58/3993858/html/stormseekers/mainfile.php on line 181

Deprecated: Function eregi() is deprecated in /home/content/58/3993858/html/stormseekers/mainfile.php on line 182

Deprecated: Function eregi() is deprecated in /home/content/58/3993858/html/stormseekers/mainfile.php on line 183

Deprecated: Function eregi() is deprecated in /home/content/58/3993858/html/stormseekers/mainfile.php on line 184

Deprecated: Function eregi() is deprecated in /home/content/58/3993858/html/stormseekers/mainfile.php on line 185

Deprecated: Function eregi() is deprecated in /home/content/58/3993858/html/stormseekers/mainfile.php on line 186

Deprecated: Function eregi() is deprecated in /home/content/58/3993858/html/stormseekers/mainfile.php on line 187

Deprecated: Function eregi() is deprecated in /home/content/58/3993858/html/stormseekers/mainfile.php on line 188

Deprecated: Function eregi() is deprecated in /home/content/58/3993858/html/stormseekers/mainfile.php on line 189

Deprecated: Function eregi() is deprecated in /home/content/58/3993858/html/stormseekers/mainfile.php on line 190

Deprecated: Function eregi() is deprecated in /home/content/58/3993858/html/stormseekers/mainfile.php on line 191

Deprecated: Function eregi() is deprecated in /home/content/58/3993858/html/stormseekers/mainfile.php on line 192

Stormseekers Guild Forums-viewtopic-Lord of the Rings Online: Shadows of Angmar - Landroval
Stormseekers Guild  
  Login or Register
::  Home  ::  Downloads  ::  Your Account  ::  Forums  ::
Modules
· Home
· Downloads
· Forums
· Guild_Charter
· Journal
· Members List
· Private Messages
· Recruitment
· Submit News
· Web Links
· Web Statistics
· Your Account

Who's Online
There are currently, 78 guest(s) and 0 member(s) that are online.

You are Anonymous user. You can register for free by clicking here

Login
Nickname

Password

Security Code: Security Code
Type Security Code

Don't have an account yet? You can create one. As a registered user you have some advantages like theme manager, comments configuration and post comments with your name.

New Forum Posts
 The Elder Scrolls Online
 Planetside 2
 Seekers in the Old Republic
 Mist and the Stormseekers
 Some new MoP craftables, etc
 The Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim
 Sith Juggernaut Compendium
 Deep overwiev on the SWTOR crafting system.
 The Old Republic, tips or a beginning

Stormseekers Guild Forums

Ads

Stormseekers Guild :: View topic - Lord of the Rings Online: Shadows of Angmar - Landroval
 Forum FAQForum FAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Lord of the Rings Online: Shadows of Angmar - Landroval

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Stormseekers Guild Forum Index -> Other Games
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Calinthor
Site Admin
Site Admin

PostPosted: Tue Apr 10, 2007 12:18 am    Post subject: Lord of the Rings Online: Shadows of Angmar - Landroval Reply with quote

Yes, another MMORPG poised to go Live Soon. http://www.lotro.com

If anyone is interested, Open Beta has started. I played for less then an hour over the weekend (wasn't feeling well, headache, sore-watery eyes, and all that stuff.. so I wasn't up for much of anything). I'm testing on the "Landroval" server with the Name "Ruegon"

Overall it's a fairly attractive game, and gameplay is similar to WoW. I haven't gotten into any professions, nor much into grouping or instances. I suspect it will be a little bit WoW and a little bit DDO. It's a Turbine Product, so it will probably "feel" more like DDO. I seriously Hate the Camera controls, but there may be a way to make it more "WoW-like". I did see that the Party controls had a "Raid" tab with 4 parties and I think 5 in each...making a 20-man raid?

Doesn't hurt to give it a try... it is a big download though. I let it run over night.

Also...

Pre-order and become a founder today!

Exclusive Founder's Offer* Includes:
Special Membership Pricing
$9.99 Monthly OR
$199 Lifetime

Open Beta Privileges
Early Access ? Be among the first to play
Keep your character after launch

Unique In-game Items
Enchanted Cloak of Regeneration
Ring of Agility

"I am the Seeker. I am the Stalker. I am the Storm."
Bailmar
Legend
Legend

PostPosted: Tue Apr 10, 2007 6:53 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Looks like a great game, but unfortunately my computer don't meet minimum requirements as far as processor goes.

Calinthor
Site Admin
Site Admin

PostPosted: Sat Apr 14, 2007 9:31 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Really? It runs on my 4yr old HP PoS. Here's a Screenshot. Oh and I either got used to the camera controls or they changed it. Played for a couple hours tonite. Plays pretty much like WoW. They have outside encounters, as well as Instanced Outside encounters (not sure how else to explain that. It's an Instance, but anyone can go in it.. or maybe there's a limit and they create new instances as needed), and they have Regular Instances.

Kinda hard to judge a game by just the starting areas. Imagine if you only did Teldrassil or Elwynn Forest and thought that was all there was to WoW. You'ld be missing out 99% of the content.

I would like to start a Guild or "Fellowship" as they call it; on LotRO. Just need 6 people to sign the charter. Unlike WoW Charters, if you don't have 6 signatures in 24hrs, your charter disappears and you need to buy a new one. Reckon I'll get on WoW for awhile now.

Hope Lavi doesn't mind me quoting him from his Forum site.

Lavi wrote:
I'm very impressed with it so far. It's two parts DDO and 2 parts WoW wrapped in a popular setting. Of special attention-worthness is that there are skillchains! According to the stuff I've read and what I've seen playing Jon's beta account, as a fellowship you can actually combo your skills together to deliver devestating skillchains, akin to Final Fantasy XI (best thing about that game, easily).

Also, if you pre-order you get a $9.99 monthly fee, an open spot in the beta, and you can KEEP YOUR CHARACTER when the game launches!

The classes are very different from traditional MMORPGs. Burglars, for example, are part rogue, but also their main purpose in a fellowship is to use their skills to create a conjunction(skillchain opportunity).

Loremasters are Warlock/Mage/Priests, Champions are Fury warriors with the ability to use banners to improve the fellowships performance, Minstrels are debuffers/buffers/bards basically..

And, you can gain (and swap out for different bonuses) titles as you complete quests and advance in the game, each title/accomplishment being worth something, ie, "Spiderbane" giving you added damage versus spiders, etc.

I have been playing Jon's beta acct for a few day and I must say theres a lot of innovation, and I am really impressed so far. Turbine is doing it, same guys as DDO, but the interface seems to take every good thing from DDO and supplement it with WoW style.

Anyway, just thought I'd share. Rok was looking for innovation, and while its too early to really tell (havent done more than a few days) I think this one might deliver more than VG.

Lavi wrote:
I wanted to add that they have a weird way of dealing with facing ultra-powerful monsters.. you get "Dread", a debuff that makes the screen warp like in Lord of the Rings as you get closer to 'ultimate evil' like the Nazgul or big evil baddies, and your health starts to tick down. Its actually a pretty cool effect. t seems mostly used as a plot device. For example, as a hobbit burglar trying to deliver a mail to my friend in Bree, I ran into a Black Rider and my dread came fast and furious. The Rider was, of course, looking for Bilbo Baggins. Then came a short tutorial-style quest where myself and Bounder Boffin try to sneak past the Nazgul and get saved by elves, but it was pretty cool.

Also, I'm about to do an instanced mission where the town I'm in gets attacked by bandits.. I read an interview that said if the town is destroyed, it'll stay burned down for me throughout the game even if I come back. Pretty cool.

Daedre wrote:
One thing that I'm interested to known is about their way of dealing with these persistant world ideas.

For instance... this town you speak of. I wonder if whether it gets burned down is dependant on your choices within the instance? Or.. if regardless of how well you preform, the town always burns. Obviously I LIKE the idea of the former, but the latter is far easier to implement...

Let's explore that the former is true - that your actions can dictate various persistant world effects. Let's say you fail to save the village and it burns. Now let''s say that you decide to return to this town with a fellowship, but... one or more of them succeeded from saving the village from flame. How would that be handled?

Now let's assume the latter is true - that the outcome of such persistant world effects are set in stone. In the case of this town, that it shall burn. What if you want to go help a friend with the quest/instance? You can't? This seems to discourage playing with friends. ESPECIALLY if friends join the game at different times.... Or rather... ONLY playing with your friends.. so as not to advance beyond each other.

Lavi wrote:
Well here's how it worked when I did it. I accepted the quest and was transported to the "Burning Town" instance. I assume if you had friends that already went through it, they can probably accompany you. Think of it just as a normal quest that happens to have a one-time instance associated with it. And no, you cant save the town, in this case.

However I have been picking up traits and accomplishments all over the place. Accomplishments are stuff like, "Farms of the Shire: Visit 6 farms in the Shire" the trait reward is something like, say Tolerance+1. You can talk to a Bard NPC and swap out your traits (think Enhancements from DDO).

I dont know if this happens a lot in the other race's starting areas, but I'm definately feeling the 'even the TREES walked in that movie' line from Clerks 2. A lot of my quests involve delivering mail, visiting the various Hobbit villages and backtracking. Going to stick with it and see where it goes. It actually kind of makes sense since the Shire is still such an idyllic place untouched byt the growing horrors of war as of right now. The most dangerous thing I have to do is kill wolves after a farmers chickens and deliver a pie. Not a care in the world.

Theres also a huge crafting thing I havent gotten into, apparently you can farm and grow crops, cook food, mine, chop wood, make items, etc. Havent done anything with it, apparently I missed the trainers somewhere. I'll let you know.

Lavi wrote:
Not sure what this means, but I read it on the beta forums. Will update as I find more info.

Conjunctions are fellowship combo moves. The burglar is the prime class to start them. When a burglar starts one, a 4 colored color wheel will come up on everyones screen. Depending on what color people choose, is what makes the special combo happen.

Quite simply:

Red = Burst damage
Yellow = Damage over time
Green = Heal
Blue = Power

If everyone chooses the same color, you get one big burst of whatever that color is. Everyone picks red, the target's health goes down by a massive amount; yellow, it goes down a bit initially, but very quickly by large amounts over time; green, everyone gets a big heal, usually over time; blue, everyone gets a big power boost, usually back to full.

But that's only the beginning. There are named conjunctions that come in color combinations of 2-6 depending on the order of the colors chosen. For instance, if you have three people in your group and do RBY, you get a conjunction called Sinister Plan that does big damage with a bleed and also refreshes your group's power.
There are tons of combinations possible, but only a couple handfuls that are named. The important thing to remember is that if everyone chooses random colors and you don't come up with a named conjunction, each person will get the contribution of their color chosen, but it may not affect the entire group. If you have four people in a group and everyone chooses a different color, but not in the order that makes up a named conjunction, one person will do lots of damage, one person will start a DoT bleed, one person will regen power for themselves, and one person will heal themselves. But if those same four people used the same colors in the order RGYB, they would come up with Ent's Stand, the damage and bleed would be multiplied, and everyone would get the heal and power boost.

If you ever want to see something go SPLAT very quickly, do RRRRRY and watch the fur fly.

It takes some getting practice to figure out what combinations have what effect, and who should go in what order and choose what colors. A good Burglar will guide you to the best conjunction for the situation.

Burglars have TWO Conjunction starters:

"Exploit Opening" is the first one you get. Five-minute reuse timer. Causes a five-second STUN and opens the four-button UI from which you select your "Contribution" to the Conjunction. Exploit Opening can be used when NOT in stealth (Sneak).

Note: there are two separate (and moveable) windows. Conjunction Display (shows the buttons to click on) and Conjunction Contribution (shows the Contributions actually being picked and in what order).

Note: Conjunctions are thought of as a Five-Card Poker Hand. Therefore, it is most important to get Pairs, Two Pairs, Three-of-a-Kind, Four-of-a-Kind, Full House. Specific "poker hand" Conjunctions have specific names.

Also: When you complete Conjunctions in a Fellowship, they are remembered and collected on a special Tab on your Character Window.

SPECIAL NOTE: This is why I am repeatedly telling future players NOT to listen to those disgruntled testers who say the game is "simple." There IS complexity in the game, IF you choose to see it and use it.

"Kick" is the second Conjunction starter you earn as a Burglar.

Kick MUST be delivered from stealth -- and since Burglars learn a skill called "Hide in Plain Sight" which causes a +10 boost to Stealth, you can use it do drop OUT of combat and into stealth, be undetected, be unattacked, AND NOW deliver the "Kick" CJ starter.

"Kick" actually trips your target and knocks it to the floor! (The Burglar tool, "Marbles" does the same thing -- 10-min reuse timer).

Conjunctions can occur randomly to Fellowships fighting Elite monsters.

Burglars are the class who can actually CONTROL the use of Conjunctions.

Conjunctions are POWERFUL. They will make the difference between killing the Master Elite Mob Boss ... or not.

Burglars get two CJ starters on five-min reuse timers. With TWO Burglars in a Fellowship you are probably going to be able to use a CJ about every two minutes.

In fact, TWO or THREE Burglars working together are a fantastic Fellowship. They each have stuns, a daze, a self-heal, several debuffs to work with, and lots of "tricksy" stuff.

Burglar combat, in my opinion, is completely different from any other class.

Tanks mainly "run up and hit stuff." If you want to do this, do NOT be a Burglar.

Hunters and Lore-masters starting fighting from far away. If you want to do this, do NOT be a Burglar.

If you were comfortable with a WoW-type Rogue, you will understand how a Burglar works. Although, in my opinion, the Burglar has some abilities that are better than the WoW Rogue.

"I am the Seeker. I am the Stalker. I am the Storm."
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Stormseekers Guild Forum Index -> Other Games All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: