Deprecated: Function ereg() is deprecated in /home/content/58/3993858/html/stormseekers/mainfile.php on line 82

Deprecated: Function eregi() is deprecated in /home/content/58/3993858/html/stormseekers/mainfile.php on line 180

Deprecated: Function eregi() is deprecated in /home/content/58/3993858/html/stormseekers/mainfile.php on line 181

Deprecated: Function eregi() is deprecated in /home/content/58/3993858/html/stormseekers/mainfile.php on line 182

Deprecated: Function eregi() is deprecated in /home/content/58/3993858/html/stormseekers/mainfile.php on line 183

Deprecated: Function eregi() is deprecated in /home/content/58/3993858/html/stormseekers/mainfile.php on line 184

Deprecated: Function eregi() is deprecated in /home/content/58/3993858/html/stormseekers/mainfile.php on line 185

Deprecated: Function eregi() is deprecated in /home/content/58/3993858/html/stormseekers/mainfile.php on line 186

Deprecated: Function eregi() is deprecated in /home/content/58/3993858/html/stormseekers/mainfile.php on line 187

Deprecated: Function eregi() is deprecated in /home/content/58/3993858/html/stormseekers/mainfile.php on line 188

Deprecated: Function eregi() is deprecated in /home/content/58/3993858/html/stormseekers/mainfile.php on line 189

Deprecated: Function eregi() is deprecated in /home/content/58/3993858/html/stormseekers/mainfile.php on line 190

Deprecated: Function eregi() is deprecated in /home/content/58/3993858/html/stormseekers/mainfile.php on line 191

Deprecated: Function eregi() is deprecated in /home/content/58/3993858/html/stormseekers/mainfile.php on line 192

Deprecated: Function eregi() is deprecated in /home/content/58/3993858/html/stormseekers/mainfile.php on line 180

Deprecated: Function eregi() is deprecated in /home/content/58/3993858/html/stormseekers/mainfile.php on line 181

Deprecated: Function eregi() is deprecated in /home/content/58/3993858/html/stormseekers/mainfile.php on line 182

Deprecated: Function eregi() is deprecated in /home/content/58/3993858/html/stormseekers/mainfile.php on line 183

Deprecated: Function eregi() is deprecated in /home/content/58/3993858/html/stormseekers/mainfile.php on line 184

Deprecated: Function eregi() is deprecated in /home/content/58/3993858/html/stormseekers/mainfile.php on line 185

Deprecated: Function eregi() is deprecated in /home/content/58/3993858/html/stormseekers/mainfile.php on line 186

Deprecated: Function eregi() is deprecated in /home/content/58/3993858/html/stormseekers/mainfile.php on line 187

Deprecated: Function eregi() is deprecated in /home/content/58/3993858/html/stormseekers/mainfile.php on line 188

Deprecated: Function eregi() is deprecated in /home/content/58/3993858/html/stormseekers/mainfile.php on line 189

Deprecated: Function eregi() is deprecated in /home/content/58/3993858/html/stormseekers/mainfile.php on line 190

Deprecated: Function eregi() is deprecated in /home/content/58/3993858/html/stormseekers/mainfile.php on line 191

Deprecated: Function eregi() is deprecated in /home/content/58/3993858/html/stormseekers/mainfile.php on line 192

Stormseekers Guild Forums-viewtopic-MMORPG i have played and my rateing
Stormseekers Guild  
  Login or Register
::  Home  ::  Downloads  ::  Your Account  ::  Forums  ::
Modules
· Home
· Downloads
· Forums
· Guild_Charter
· Journal
· Members List
· Private Messages
· Recruitment
· Submit News
· Web Links
· Web Statistics
· Your Account

Who's Online
There are currently, 80 guest(s) and 0 member(s) that are online.

You are Anonymous user. You can register for free by clicking here

Login
Nickname

Password

Security Code: Security Code
Type Security Code

Don't have an account yet? You can create one. As a registered user you have some advantages like theme manager, comments configuration and post comments with your name.

New Forum Posts
 The Elder Scrolls Online
 Planetside 2
 Seekers in the Old Republic
 Mist and the Stormseekers
 Some new MoP craftables, etc
 The Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim
 Sith Juggernaut Compendium
 Deep overwiev on the SWTOR crafting system.
 The Old Republic, tips or a beginning

Stormseekers Guild Forums

Ads

Browse the Guild Store

Stormseekers Guild :: View topic - MMORPG i have played and my rateing
 Forum FAQForum FAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

MMORPG i have played and my rateing
Goto page 1, 2  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Stormseekers Guild Forum Index -> Other Games
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Korsanra
Frostfinder
Frostfinder

PostPosted: Mon Oct 23, 2006 12:44 pm    Post subject: MMORPG i have played and my rateing Reply with quote

I have played meny meny mmo RPG, now i give ye a list and my rateing on each one.

5/5= got to own
4/5 = must try it
3/5 = play it if you get a chance
2/5 = it fun for a hour or so
1/5 = what the hell was that? it crap.

Dark Age Of camelot 5/5
I palyed dark age of camelot for 3 years and to this day i still think it the best PvP / RvR mmorpg out there. the game is old now and does feel dated.

Horizons 2/5
This game kinda made me sad. They had so meny great ideas, but they never did give what the people wanned. It also get the most buggy MMO i ever played. you can play a dragon race and fly in this game too.

City Of heros 3/5
Great game, nice to get away from the fanasty MMO. This game is just the same thing over and over and you will get tired of it in about 3-5 weeks.

Guild Wars 3/5
Great MMOrpg if you can call it that. It has a fun Pvp system, but once you start a quest you will never see a player unless they joined your party in the city. You can even get max level 20 in 2-3 weeks. once you buy this game there is no fee, it free to play once you buy it.

Star Wars 3/5
Great game just to hard to control and you can not jump over a small rock. This is fun to get away from the fantsy mmorpg. leveling skills takes to long, pvp can be vary unfair, and after each quest i hate haveing to wait a hour to get a doctor to fix me up then watch a fat wookie dance for 45min just to get my rest up just so i can go quest again and do it all over again.

Ever quest one 2/5
i played this game real late, so it feels so so dated. There no reason at all to play this mmorpg with all the other great ones out today.

Ever Quest 2 4/5
Great game for thoes who love to RP and just hang out and have fun. There no PVP or RvR. It a great game to jusr raid and get better gear. The grx are well done but you need a top of the line pc to see them. I love it how the NPC know you are there and will walk out to talk to you, yes TALK TO YOU no text! if you become friends with a npc they will write you mail and ask for help latter. If you saved a city before they will remember you and will salute you when they see you next. Vary well done from a RP stand point.

furcadia 3/5
a MMORPG for furrys. no levels, no quests, no goals. it a free download and free to play and great place to meet people and chat and role play.

RF online 1/5
it pretty and had some good ideas for PVP and RVR. BUT IT CRAP DO NOT EVEN WAST THE TIME TO LOOK AT IT. I spent $70 on this and it made me cry.

the martix Online 2/5
I did not get this game i did beta it. The game starts out awsome, it really pulls you in. Thn drops you. I had a hard time gettting in to the game and fig out what i was doing. It was only beta when i did play so i bet it better now. the beta was just so boring i am not going to get the game.

Worlf Od War Craft 5/5+
servers suck after each patch, game can be down for hours with no warring, and there support line allwas puts you on hold.
Wow has the best control, it so smooth, it looks great even on a slow pc, there allwas something to do or go see, the PvP flows well, and you really feel like you can effect your world. This is by far the best MMORPG I HAVE PLAYED.

Last edited by Korsanra on Mon Oct 23, 2006 3:14 pm; edited 1 time in total
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website MSN Messenger
wiinterkill
Galewalker
Galewalker

PostPosted: Mon Oct 23, 2006 12:58 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Nice review. Maybe ill try the camalot game.
Site Admin
Site Admin

PostPosted: Mon Oct 23, 2006 1:19 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Nice Review... On a Side Note.. your Sig and Avatar are blocked by our Cities's "Naughty Pictures and other things you shouldn't do with the Cities internet" Software. What exactly is "http://rap.midco.net/"?

"I am the Seeker. I am the Stalker. I am the Storm."
Korsanra
Frostfinder
Frostfinder

PostPosted: Mon Oct 23, 2006 3:02 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Calinthor wrote:
Nice Review... On a Side Note.. your Sig and Avatar are blocked by our Cities's "Naughty Pictures and other things you shouldn't do with the Cities internet" Software. What exactly is "http://rap.midco.net/"?

that be one of my 5 servers i have though my ISP
Galewalker
Galewalker

PostPosted: Tue Oct 24, 2006 8:19 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

SWG was 5/5 really, personally I got good at it in less then a month, though pvp was really unbalanced with some classess, it was still fun. Achieving max lvl in 3-5 days was also fun ( you could make game supported macroes to lvl you if so chose) but I dislike how they broke it just when it was getting good.

1/5 at best in its current condition Sad

Less QQ, more BAAA DAAA BOOOM!
Dakon
Legend
Legend

PostPosted: Tue Oct 24, 2006 9:48 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Ultima Online: 5/5
This game is the Father of MMOs. It was the first nontext based MMO and the graphics show it. However the player housing is amazing and for those who love to collect rare items and show off phat lootz it's a lot of fun. The game is also skill based not lvl based which allows for greater customization of characters. Never seen a better RP community ever.

Shadowbane: 3/5
For all the PvPers out there this is a great game. You can build cities and there is siege warfare. You can get to the max lvl in about 1 month though and there are no quests so if you're not out pwning noobs it looses flavor quickly.

Sariell
Legend
Legend

PostPosted: Tue Oct 24, 2006 11:13 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Dam

I am a noob almost when it comes to MMO

Everquest...played it awhile 3/5

Runescape...lol...I know it is chessy as hell but was kinda fun

and WoW

I am kinda prejudice when it comes to MMOs though from all the table top games I played:

Rifts, Paladium Fanasty, Mechwarrior, Battletech, Marvel Universe, DC Heroes, Kult, Vampire the Masqurade, Vampire Dark Ages, Demon the Appoacalypse, D&D (the old red box...then blue box), AD&D, D&D 3rd edition, D&D 3.5 edition, Shadowrun, Star Wars 3rd edition and D20 version, Star Fleet Battles, started warhammer 40k but way too expensive, Werewolf, Wraith the changeling, and a few others that I cannot even remeber.

D&D was always my passion though. And all the Paladium Megaverse books.

■"Elune-Adore."
■"Tor ilisar'thera'nal
Dakon
Legend
Legend

PostPosted: Wed Oct 25, 2006 1:21 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I've also played all the other ones mentioned, I just didnt want to repeat things.

Brynneth
Champion
Champion

PostPosted: Wed Oct 25, 2006 5:47 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Fess wrote:
SWG was 5/5 really, personally I got good at it in less then a month, though pvp was really unbalanced with some classess, it was still fun. Achieving max lvl in 3-5 days was also fun ( you could make game supported macroes to lvl you if so chose) but I dislike how they broke it just when it was getting good.

1/5 at best in its current condition Sad

QFT. The PVP guild I was in was the scourge of Starsider. Wink And you say PVP was unbalanced, but it had actually balanced out pretty well by the time the CU came around - the uber classes had been nerfed enough, and there were only a couple of classes not worth playing. The total rebuild of the combat system was unnecessary. I was one of the alpha testers for the Commando profession for that too, it was horrible Sad

http://wow.allakhazam.com/profile.html?277967
Zanto
Winterblade
Winterblade

PostPosted: Wed Oct 25, 2006 7:35 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

UO was the greatest mmo ever played! crazy houses, awesome pvp, great playerr run cities filled with RP and cool stuff... i miss that game when it was in its hay day.

When i was in Stormguards in UO in its prime we were constantly at war with various undead evil RP cults, and the Orc forts!!!! and all of this was player run, and it still is to this day the most fun ive had in an mmo.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address
Gerryskid
Stormseeker
Stormseeker

PostPosted: Wed Oct 25, 2006 7:52 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

MMORPG nOOb here Laughing

WoW was my first. The closest I came to this was Warcraft 2, Heroes of Might and Magic and a bit of Age of Wonders. There is a 5th installment of Heroes of Might and Magic out now but I haven't tried it yet.

I was more of a First Person Shooter type player up until now. Unreal Tournament, Unreal Tournament 2k3 & 2k4 (notice a trend here? hehe). I played Blood for a while when it first came out only because it had a cool Tommy Gun. Biggest problem for me with these games now are that my wrists can't handle them anymore,,,, getting old Confused

PostPosted: Wed Oct 25, 2006 2:46 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Calinthor wrote:
What exactly is "http://rap.midco.net/"?

Hijacking the thread, I used to be "wat.midco.net". I hated, hated, HATED South Dakota, but I will say this: my Midcontinent connection was rock-solid.

I assume "rap.midco.net" is Rapid City...
Lunaasa
Galewalker
Galewalker

PostPosted: Wed Oct 25, 2006 2:48 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

"Guest" is me, BTW; I didn't realize I wasn't logged in.

Adding my 2cp, I played EQ for 5 years. At the time, in historical context, I would have rated it 5/5. Objectively speaking, looking back on it, I would probably rate it 4/5; the lack of instances made raiding kind of a shot in the dark, and some of the grinding was agonizingly, painfully slow, but still, what a game! Yes, UO was first, but EQ is what launched MMO's as a genre. It was years ahead of UO in terms of technology, and it pretty much established the systems all other MMO's use to this day, even WoW.

SWG 1/5 I hated, hated, HATED this game. What a waste of brain cells.

DAoC 3/5 I beta'ed this one, but didn't buy it, because at the time I was playing EQ, and DAoC just wasn't that different, as far as I was concerned. Of course, I don't give a flip for PVP or RVR (nor do I in WoW), so that affects my judgement.

EQ2 2/5 I played EQ2 about 6 months after WoW came out, and it was OK-ish, and they made some improvements over the original EQ, but after haveing played WoW, it just felt like everything was in slow-motion.

WoW is 5/5, no question.

Luna
wiinterkill
Galewalker
Galewalker

PostPosted: Wed Oct 25, 2006 5:29 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

WOW you guys are totaly UBER GEEKS!!! Sorry but I havent even heard of some of those games.
Winterblade
Winterblade

PostPosted: Wed Oct 25, 2006 10:58 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Dakon wrote:
...This game is the Father of MMOs. It was the first nontext based MMO and the graphics show it....

Actually.. I was playing The Realm before Ultima Online was released. and Meridian 59 was out before that. Razz

Here's the Wikipedia entry on MMORPGs:

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/MMORPG

I've played:
The Realm Online
Everquest (for like 3 years.. what a waste)
City of Heroes (I'm actually considering starting up my account again. they've made quite a few nice changes to it)
World of Warcraft

I very nearly got StarWars Galaxies. I followed it for over a year on the forums before launch, helping with a few dev discussions about content/addons, but in the end SOE just made it a cookie cutter of it's already popular Everquest, which just wasn't something I wanted to deal with anymore.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Stormseekers Guild Forum Index -> Other Games All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2

Jump to: