Deprecated: Function ereg() is deprecated in /home/content/58/3993858/html/stormseekers/mainfile.php on line 82

Deprecated: Function eregi() is deprecated in /home/content/58/3993858/html/stormseekers/mainfile.php on line 180

Deprecated: Function eregi() is deprecated in /home/content/58/3993858/html/stormseekers/mainfile.php on line 181

Deprecated: Function eregi() is deprecated in /home/content/58/3993858/html/stormseekers/mainfile.php on line 182

Deprecated: Function eregi() is deprecated in /home/content/58/3993858/html/stormseekers/mainfile.php on line 183

Deprecated: Function eregi() is deprecated in /home/content/58/3993858/html/stormseekers/mainfile.php on line 184

Deprecated: Function eregi() is deprecated in /home/content/58/3993858/html/stormseekers/mainfile.php on line 185

Deprecated: Function eregi() is deprecated in /home/content/58/3993858/html/stormseekers/mainfile.php on line 186

Deprecated: Function eregi() is deprecated in /home/content/58/3993858/html/stormseekers/mainfile.php on line 187

Deprecated: Function eregi() is deprecated in /home/content/58/3993858/html/stormseekers/mainfile.php on line 188

Deprecated: Function eregi() is deprecated in /home/content/58/3993858/html/stormseekers/mainfile.php on line 189

Deprecated: Function eregi() is deprecated in /home/content/58/3993858/html/stormseekers/mainfile.php on line 190

Deprecated: Function eregi() is deprecated in /home/content/58/3993858/html/stormseekers/mainfile.php on line 191

Deprecated: Function eregi() is deprecated in /home/content/58/3993858/html/stormseekers/mainfile.php on line 192

Deprecated: Function eregi() is deprecated in /home/content/58/3993858/html/stormseekers/mainfile.php on line 180

Deprecated: Function eregi() is deprecated in /home/content/58/3993858/html/stormseekers/mainfile.php on line 181

Deprecated: Function eregi() is deprecated in /home/content/58/3993858/html/stormseekers/mainfile.php on line 182

Deprecated: Function eregi() is deprecated in /home/content/58/3993858/html/stormseekers/mainfile.php on line 183

Deprecated: Function eregi() is deprecated in /home/content/58/3993858/html/stormseekers/mainfile.php on line 184

Deprecated: Function eregi() is deprecated in /home/content/58/3993858/html/stormseekers/mainfile.php on line 185

Deprecated: Function eregi() is deprecated in /home/content/58/3993858/html/stormseekers/mainfile.php on line 186

Deprecated: Function eregi() is deprecated in /home/content/58/3993858/html/stormseekers/mainfile.php on line 187

Deprecated: Function eregi() is deprecated in /home/content/58/3993858/html/stormseekers/mainfile.php on line 188

Deprecated: Function eregi() is deprecated in /home/content/58/3993858/html/stormseekers/mainfile.php on line 189

Deprecated: Function eregi() is deprecated in /home/content/58/3993858/html/stormseekers/mainfile.php on line 190

Deprecated: Function eregi() is deprecated in /home/content/58/3993858/html/stormseekers/mainfile.php on line 191

Deprecated: Function eregi() is deprecated in /home/content/58/3993858/html/stormseekers/mainfile.php on line 192

Stormseekers Guild
Stormseekers Guild  
  Login or Register
::  Home  ::  Downloads  ::  Your Account  ::  Forums  ::
Modules
· Home
· Downloads
· Forums
· Guild_Charter
· Journal
· Members List
· Private Messages
· Recruitment
· Submit News
· Web Links
· Web Statistics
· Your Account

Who's Online
There are currently, 152 guest(s) and 0 member(s) that are online.

You are Anonymous user. You can register for free by clicking here

Login
Nickname

Password

Security Code: Security Code
Type Security Code

Don't have an account yet? You can create one. As a registered user you have some advantages like theme manager, comments configuration and post comments with your name.

New Forum Posts
 The Elder Scrolls Online
 Planetside 2
 Seekers in the Old Republic
 Mist and the Stormseekers
 Some new MoP craftables, etc
 The Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim
 Sith Juggernaut Compendium
 Deep overwiev on the SWTOR crafting system.
 The Old Republic, tips or a beginning

Stormseekers Guild Forums

Ads

Stormseekers Cafe Press Store

Stormseekers Guild :: View topic - Fastest way to level a paladin?
 Forum FAQForum FAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Fastest way to level a paladin?

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Stormseekers Guild Forum Index -> Paladin's Court
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Aloomatar
Stormseeker
Stormseeker

PostPosted: Mon Jul 28, 2008 8:08 am    Post subject: Fastest way to level a paladin? Reply with quote

I rolled a paladin a few months ago and have slowly brought him up to 25.
Not bad, considering my ADD usually causes me to stop at 19 Smile

He's currently speced ret. I'd like to get him to 70 as fast as possible - I have about 2 hours a day during the week when I can play and am not raiding.

Any suggestions on the fastest way to get it done?
If it's just a matter of grinding quests, that's fine too. Aloomatar took me 12 months-ish to get to 70 Sad
Zonaka
Storm Officer
Storm Officer

PostPosted: Mon Jul 28, 2008 8:15 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Well, I wouldn't be the best person to give you advice on this, because I lvl'ed Beracon all the way as a Prot spec, and didn't do any instances with him. Not because I didn't want to, but because I had bad luck finding a group that wanted a tank as I lvl'ed. It seemed whenever I was on my other chars, tanks were needed, but as soon as I logged on Beracon, the spots were filled.

But in general, I would say ret might be your best option, since you can kill mobs quicker. And instances would give you the most XP, both because of the quests and the elite XP. The only other tip I can think of is to make sure you are gaining XP while you have rested XP stored.

Jymie
Winterblade
Winterblade

PostPosted: Mon Jul 28, 2008 9:53 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I would say stay ret till about 40 then full spec prot, nothing beats AoE questing/grinding. At 40 you can get holy shield then I would go spend 10 points in holy to get Spiritual Focus. I leveled Jiame from 40 to 70 as protection, and it was easy mode, nothing like killing 5 and 6 mobs at a time.

If you have any questions shoot me a tell in game on Jiame, Jymie or Lerlaura.
Storm Lord
Storm Lord

PostPosted: Mon Jul 28, 2008 11:07 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

That sounds like a good plan.

I did it all Ret, and found that to be pretty good. But Prot paladins can definitely handle a lot of mobs at a time, so for power-leveling, grinding a bunch of mobs probably can't be beat.

I would say do all the quests that require you to kill things, skip some of the less rewarding ones that make you travel a lot.

And probably just spend a lot of time killing stuff. That's how I leveled my warlock.
Quests are good if you get bored though.
Galewalker
Galewalker

PostPosted: Mon Jul 28, 2008 12:37 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I've been slowly working my paladin (42-64 over the last few months) and my focus hasn't been on fast leveling, so it hasn't been a lot of time played.
Personally, I was prot until ~40, then ret until ~50, then holy shock, until 60, now back to prot. I found holy worked well for one mob at a time, ret was just bad (for me) and prot has been a lot of fun since. Jymie was right to say there's nothing like taking on 5-6 mobs at at time and just watching them fall over.

Aside from Spec, I'd suggest Jame's Leveling guides at wow-pro.com. I've used them for leveling several characters and they are very efficient guides and the xp/hour beats most instance runs in my experience.
ShaggZ
Champion
Champion

PostPosted: Mon Jul 28, 2008 4:03 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I went Ret all the way from 1-70 and it probably would have went faster if I played more often. With ret, you can take down 2-3 mobs at a time effortlessly, with prot you can handle more mobs it just takes a little bit longer to get em all burned down.

I never went Prot till level 70.

One big mistake I made is not keeping gear that I should have kept for re-speccing, now my healer gear is lacking because of it. Shocked
Galewalker
Galewalker

PostPosted: Sun Jan 16, 2011 8:02 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Dredging up the past, here, but I thought I'd drop a quick opinion on leveling a Paladin post-cataclysm.

At lower levels, Retribution still seems best. With the redo of the old world there are fewer opportunities to aoe farm and with Word of Glory, the self-healing keeps the paladin an almost down-time-free killing machine.
After 70, Prot can be effective as well, particularly if interested in tanking instances.

If you plan on leveling in instances, either Prot or Holy can be good.
Camlost
Storm Lord
Storm Lord

PostPosted: Mon Jan 17, 2011 9:58 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

What are your thoughts on 80-85? I'm soloing as Prot and I'm finding its not quite as easy as 70-80 was. I can't tank as many mobs as effectively without taking some serious damage. I haven't been a fan of ret really since level 70 so I'm reluctant to change. But I haven't soloed as Holy in a very long time.
Galewalker
Galewalker

PostPosted: Tue Jan 18, 2011 11:09 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I had a longer reply that was eaten by a MySQL error, so to sum it:

Don't know about Holy, haven't played it since right around BC release. I hear it's viable (whatever that means).
As far as Ret v Prot: both seem to work, depending on playstyle. I find prot really handy for the super-fast respawn times 'cause it can get hectic and Ret doesn't take as good of a beating (obviously). But mano a mano, ret is much faster.
ShaggZ
Champion
Champion

PostPosted: Tue Jan 18, 2011 11:29 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I leveled 80-85 strictly as ret...

Yes, as Lush said with the respawns popping so fast it makes it hard, but very easy.... build up your holy power, once you have 3 pts you pop Word of glory which heals you for a good amount, I found myself literally taking down 8-12 mobs as ret with the crazy respawns...

I haven't done any questing as Prot, I definitely wouldn't even try as holy, Ret is the way to go honestly...

And leveling from lower than 80-85... I say keep Ret from 1-85 now, dual speccing is only 10 freakin gold lol... This means you have a DPS class for grinding out quests, and a healer or tank spec for dungeons.

At 85 I dropped Ret (Pally DPS sux...) and took Prot/Holy... loving it! Pally tanking is fun, healing is a bit intense, but still fun as well.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Stormseekers Guild Forum Index -> Paladin's Court All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: