Deprecated: Function ereg() is deprecated in /home/content/58/3993858/html/stormseekers/mainfile.php on line 82

Deprecated: Function eregi() is deprecated in /home/content/58/3993858/html/stormseekers/mainfile.php on line 180

Deprecated: Function eregi() is deprecated in /home/content/58/3993858/html/stormseekers/mainfile.php on line 181

Deprecated: Function eregi() is deprecated in /home/content/58/3993858/html/stormseekers/mainfile.php on line 182

Deprecated: Function eregi() is deprecated in /home/content/58/3993858/html/stormseekers/mainfile.php on line 183

Deprecated: Function eregi() is deprecated in /home/content/58/3993858/html/stormseekers/mainfile.php on line 184

Deprecated: Function eregi() is deprecated in /home/content/58/3993858/html/stormseekers/mainfile.php on line 185

Deprecated: Function eregi() is deprecated in /home/content/58/3993858/html/stormseekers/mainfile.php on line 186

Deprecated: Function eregi() is deprecated in /home/content/58/3993858/html/stormseekers/mainfile.php on line 187

Deprecated: Function eregi() is deprecated in /home/content/58/3993858/html/stormseekers/mainfile.php on line 188

Deprecated: Function eregi() is deprecated in /home/content/58/3993858/html/stormseekers/mainfile.php on line 189

Deprecated: Function eregi() is deprecated in /home/content/58/3993858/html/stormseekers/mainfile.php on line 190

Deprecated: Function eregi() is deprecated in /home/content/58/3993858/html/stormseekers/mainfile.php on line 191

Deprecated: Function eregi() is deprecated in /home/content/58/3993858/html/stormseekers/mainfile.php on line 192

Deprecated: Function eregi() is deprecated in /home/content/58/3993858/html/stormseekers/mainfile.php on line 180

Deprecated: Function eregi() is deprecated in /home/content/58/3993858/html/stormseekers/mainfile.php on line 181

Deprecated: Function eregi() is deprecated in /home/content/58/3993858/html/stormseekers/mainfile.php on line 182

Deprecated: Function eregi() is deprecated in /home/content/58/3993858/html/stormseekers/mainfile.php on line 183

Deprecated: Function eregi() is deprecated in /home/content/58/3993858/html/stormseekers/mainfile.php on line 184

Deprecated: Function eregi() is deprecated in /home/content/58/3993858/html/stormseekers/mainfile.php on line 185

Deprecated: Function eregi() is deprecated in /home/content/58/3993858/html/stormseekers/mainfile.php on line 186

Deprecated: Function eregi() is deprecated in /home/content/58/3993858/html/stormseekers/mainfile.php on line 187

Deprecated: Function eregi() is deprecated in /home/content/58/3993858/html/stormseekers/mainfile.php on line 188

Deprecated: Function eregi() is deprecated in /home/content/58/3993858/html/stormseekers/mainfile.php on line 189

Deprecated: Function eregi() is deprecated in /home/content/58/3993858/html/stormseekers/mainfile.php on line 190

Deprecated: Function eregi() is deprecated in /home/content/58/3993858/html/stormseekers/mainfile.php on line 191

Deprecated: Function eregi() is deprecated in /home/content/58/3993858/html/stormseekers/mainfile.php on line 192

Stormseekers Guild
Stormseekers Guild  
  Login or Register
::  Home  ::  Downloads  ::  Your Account  ::  Forums  ::
Modules
· Home
· Downloads
· Forums
· Guild_Charter
· Journal
· Members List
· Private Messages
· Recruitment
· Submit News
· Web Links
· Web Statistics
· Your Account

Who's Online
There are currently, 164 guest(s) and 0 member(s) that are online.

You are Anonymous user. You can register for free by clicking here

Login
Nickname

Password

Security Code: Security Code
Type Security Code

Don't have an account yet? You can create one. As a registered user you have some advantages like theme manager, comments configuration and post comments with your name.

New Forum Posts
 The Elder Scrolls Online
 Planetside 2
 Seekers in the Old Republic
 Mist and the Stormseekers
 Some new MoP craftables, etc
 The Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim
 Sith Juggernaut Compendium
 Deep overwiev on the SWTOR crafting system.
 The Old Republic, tips or a beginning

Stormseekers Guild Forums

Ads

Stormseekers Guild :: View topic - Vanguard - Saga of Heroes - Guild Beta Application
 Forum FAQForum FAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Vanguard - Saga of Heroes - Guild Beta Application
Goto page Previous  1, 2

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Stormseekers Guild Forum Index -> Other Games
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Dakon
Legend
Legend

PostPosted: Fri Jan 05, 2007 4:51 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

shame I didnt see this post until it was too late.

Calinthor
Site Admin
Site Admin

PostPosted: Fri Jan 05, 2007 6:06 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I signed all the officers up for Beta.. if ya don't wanna try it, just ignore the offer.

Also, I just saw this and am intriqued..and confused... Fellowships

"- Fellowships are now available. You may join a fellowship to evenly split adventuring experience gains with other players, even while offline. Fellowships have a maximum size of 6 members. If you leave a fellowship, you may not join another until 4 hours (online) have passed. Experience earned while offline is given to a character at their next login. Fellowship members may specify notes, and fellowship leaders may specify a MOTD. Leaders may also name the fellowship, but once set, the name cannot be changed."

"I am the Seeker. I am the Stalker. I am the Storm."
Lewci
Rainseeker
Rainseeker

PostPosted: Fri Jan 05, 2007 7:30 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

did anyone get in?
Mopsa
Rainseeker
Rainseeker

PostPosted: Fri Jan 05, 2007 10:42 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I preordered and so have the open beta key =) Which started yesterday! So far it's obvious that the game needs some polishing (kinda like when WoW first released mobs were getting stuck inside trees), but for the most part it runs well and is fun =) I just made it to my first major city at level 6 and have learned how Crafting (smithing) works first hand.

And yes, Fellowships are very handy. At the moment they have been disabled because they were giving characters a level up per kill for some reason. But the theory behind it is all of your members will level together, even if you each have to play individually or take time off once in a while.

Also, there is a Caravan feature. If you're logging off, you can have some one (anyone, though your fellowship leader seems to make the most sense) add you to their 'caravan.' Simply put, after you log out your character will then log in wherever this person logged out. So if half of your fellowhsip is calling it a night, they join the caravan- gain experience and move where you move until they relog! However you must log off within 10 minutes of the invitation, and you have to be standing right next to them to be invited. So I can't find a way to exploit it so far.

Fellowships can't be 'level' exploited, as you need to be within a certain range to join. And since the xp is an even split (there's no xp duplication), the same amount of work needs to be done to level both characters if one remained offline the whole time, as if they were both present. So it's actually slower and less affective- a far cry from powerleveling.

My thoughts so far? Game rocks. I'm a level 6 paladin, my two friends (You remember Deepsky and Sunrage, neh?) are a Bard/Monk. Both are melee dps classes, but the bard class composes songs that are then applied much the way paladin auras are. So with two dmg auras, even I am dealing out some serious hurt. At level 5 we took on 4 level 6's together. However in a previous case, 2 level 6's killed them when I lagged out and couldn't join the fight. So it's not that it's easy to do necessarily, just what we can all bring to the table together makes it work. My heal/tank was necessary to survive, but it wasn't a 'heal spamfest' to keep everyone up. So I still was able to enjoy taking my hammer to their noggin.

The beginning set of noobie quests gets you fully outfitted with a matching set of armor with some minor stats, kinda nice. I haven't gotten to the point in skillsets where I have been able to 'rescue' my party mates, but I do have a skill that generates an extra ~15 dmg if one of my party mates has the mob flanked.

I'll throw out a quick bit of crafting: Smithing works like this. Once you get to the work station (forge), right click it and select a recipe from your book. Before you 'begin' you'll want to make sure you have the proper tools in your toolbelt (the recipe tells you what you need). Once you have the recipe you select utilities to place on the table. You'll need fuel, to get the stove burning. I then have 2 more spots on the table that I fill with water and oil. Why? Because so far I have had 2 complications during crafting that required these two to fix them. I got heat exhaustion, meep!

Now then, the process starts! It's divided into 4 stages. Stage one you simply select the type of metal/material(s) you're going to be using. So far I have had this supplied to me by the quest givers (primary skill raising procedure is to do work orders like this).
Second stage has two options: Add Fuel, and Heat Metal. Add fuel can be either a charcoal burn or a wood burn. Charcoal heats faster, but wood raises the item quality. Using wood costs little more in action points to use. Heating the metal will, heat the metal, and make progress on stage two. Once you have done this enough, stage two will end.
Stage Three: Shaping the metal! You take your poker/hammer and wack it into shape! Yarr! The number of times you need to do this depends on the skill vs difficulty of the recipe. And again, each time you do this action, it costs a set of action points.
Stage Four: Finishing Touch! So far I have had 2 choices, Polish or non polish. Non polishing costs no action points, but degrades the item some. Polishing costs 100 AP and keeps the item the same quality as you have so far established.

Tada you're done! Oh, what are these action points you ask? Each recipe has a set number of them to start you out (2k~3k from what I've worked on so far). Normal actions like fueling and heating cost between 50~100 points generally. Complications (Heat exhaustion, broken anvil are my two most common) generally have solutions with costs within the same range of AP, and a small cost of utility supplies as well.

So that's it! I love it so far. =)

All in all it's a refreshing view of the MMORPG world.
Calinthor
Site Admin
Site Admin

PostPosted: Sat Jan 06, 2007 12:16 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I pre-ordered before Christmas, Installed the game, got an Account, and Patched the game a couple weeks ago, and waited for Open Beta. I started the Patch yesterday at 5:30pm and it said 2hr30m download. So I let it run. I Come back later it had a problem, so I restarted it. it said 14h45m download.. So I let it run over night. I wake up it says "Fatal Error". So I restart and it said, "Need to rescan your files", I say, "ok". 30min Later it says, 1h30min Download..... come back it says 2h45min download<Sigh> If the Beta takes an entire day to Patch, what's the game gonna be like to patch when there are millions playing? I'm sure this will be addressed though. DDO took awhile to get into beta too. Oh well. It's not like this will replace WoW. Most likely just be a distraction when WoW get's too boring.

Edited: It's very Wierd.. I see the Seconds counting Down..and the minutes Counting up....they need to work on their "Time Estimates".. it's worse then Microsoft time.

Edited: So after 3hrs of downloading.. it says, 1hr5min download.

Mopsa
Rainseeker
Rainseeker

PostPosted: Mon Jan 08, 2007 8:40 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

That's odd. Oh! I preordered, but I downloaded the client from Fileplanet, as it was a great deal more up to date. Haven't had any issues downloading patches etc.
Calinthor
Site Admin
Site Admin

PostPosted: Mon Jan 08, 2007 9:36 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yeah, I had the pre-order to. It still needed to be patched. Also, the downloader makes me envy Blizzards Downloader (Yea it's that bad). Bailmar was correct. The Game is Very graphic and Data intensive. I have a Fairly Highend Gaming machine and it was unplayable. Granted I could spend another 2k-3k and buy the Latest and Greatest Gaming Machine.. or upgrade what I have for about $500-$1k.. but I'm not going to. The Gameplay didn't impress me enough. I may play it when it comes out, but this is not a WoW-Killer... not by a long shot. I was more impressed by Guildwars Gameplay and Graphics. Granted, this is still Beta, and it's a first impression. I will keep playing it in my spare time, and may load it on Rusen's Awesome-eXtreme Gaming machine to see if it's any better. There are alot of promises made in this game, and I'm sure they will deliver them, but it seems like they are trying to put too much into the game.

Spug
Storm Lord
Storm Lord

PostPosted: Tue Jan 09, 2007 9:11 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

How do you get in if you're not a fileplanet subscriber?
Winterblade
Winterblade

PostPosted: Tue Jan 09, 2007 2:48 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

get the preorder
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Stormseekers Guild Forum Index -> Other Games All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2
Page 2 of 2

Jump to: